Conjunctivitis is not the only contagious ocular infection: styles are too, and very easy to contract, having unpleasant symptoms.
To get rid of eye infections, doctors usually recommend eye drops and antibiotic ointments, and serious cases require surgery.
But ocular treatments can be natural, too that can prevent and cure a stye or pink eye, without medical intervention.
1. Hot Compresses
- A very effective way of draining the infected eyes is to apply daily, warm damp compresses over your closed eyelids 3-6 times a day for 5-10 minutes.
- This treatment treats swollen eyes and calms the pain caused by infection and inflammation.
- Honey has antibiotic properties and is not irritating to the eyes.
- Just mix 1 part honey with 1 part water, and apply the mixture over the inflamed area with the help of a cotton pad.
- Repeat the procedure 2-3 times a day.
- Saline solutions are available in pharmacies for the ocular treatment, nasal and ear infections.
- To prepare your own salt solution, add half a tablespoon of fine grains Himalayan salt to a cup of boiled and cooled water then mix well.
- Rinse your eyes 3-4 times a day with the obtained solution.