Every year literally millions of dollars are spent at the Optician. You probably spend a few thousand, having your eyes testing and then being prescribed new and expensive eyeglasses and special lenses.
But there are ways that you can improve your eyesight, naturally, with ingredients you probably have at home in the grocery cupboard or in your garden.
What nutrients do we need for optimal eyesight?
- Beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, and lutein.
- These all protect the macula from sun damage.
- You can get these antioxidants from dark leafy greens, carrots, sweet potatoes, egg yolk, and peppers. Look at the colors.
- Foods that are colorful help our eyes.
- Eat colorful vegetables to prevent age-related eye degeneration, or macular generation, which is a leading cause of blindness.
Vitamins & Minerals
- Vitamin A, C, and E are essential for strong eyesight.
- Minerals like copper and zinc too.
- Foods rich in sulfur and lecithin also protect the lens of the eye from forming cataracts.
- Garlic, onions, capers, and shallots are excellent, as are all the orange and yellow fruits. All fruits and vegetables help.
- This fatty acid is found in wild salmon, mackerel, cod, and sardines.
- Any cold water fish contains DHA and it gives structural support to the eye cell membranes.
- Blueberries, goji berries, and grapes are rich in anthocyanin, have antioxidant properties, good for inflammation and definitely help your vision.
Follow This Recipe
- Try this homemade remedy. It is easy to make, inexpensive and the ingredients are all readily available.
- The results are astonishing.
- 100 grams Aloe Vera
- Handful of walnuts
- 300 grams honey
- 3 lemons
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender until you get a nice homogenous mixture. Bottle it and keep it in the fridge.
- Have a tablespoon a day before any meal Watch your vision improve and your overall health. This mixture is packed with nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Think about getting glasses. It is a never-ending cycle. If your eyes are bad, see your local optometrist but eat well and drink well at the same time. Care for your eyes and have this mixture daily. Hopefully, you will not need to make regular trips to the eye doctor and will be able to avoid the crazy prices when you get a new pair of glasses every year.
- Think about that. People get new glasses, new lenses every year. I think that says something about the medical optical way weakening our eyes and not strengthening them.
- Try this. But if you are worried about your eyes, see a professional too.
- Pregnant women should avoid aloe juice. Also, if you are struggling with kidney disease, avoid aloe vera juice. Always read up on a natural herb or plant before you take it.